Equivalent Diameter (ED)
Sharp Edge (SE) Orifice
Sharp Edge (SE) orifices known also as Equivalent Diameters have length/diameter (L/D) ratio significantly lower than Equivalent Channels.
Sapphire and glass orifices offer exceptional long term geometric consistency due to their hardness and excellent stability (low temperature expansion coefficients). The orifices are encapsulated in stainless steel housing. These products are assembled using advanced micro-fabrication technologies.
Geometric definition of leak tightness – Simple and Ambiguous Specification. Independent of test type, location, temperature, pressure and test fluid!
Each orifice is supplied with:
- A filter
- A calibration certificate, NIST traceable
- ¼” Swagelok female connection
Independent pressure tank is required for stand alone orifices, with controlled pressure range.
- Leak flow is measured in actual mm3 /min, pressure is in absolute pressure psia. Both are measured upstream (inlet) of the orifice.
- Flow rate and orifice sizes are for reference only. Actual value may change from orifice to orifice.
- The enclosed data shall not be used for vacuum applications.
Consult ATC, Inc. ME2 Specifications for vacuum applications.
Print our Equivalent Diameter / Sharp Edge Orifice - PDF (242K)
Top of Page